Mar 16, 2008

Mam and Celia

It is so important that my parents be involved in both Sam and Celia's lives, so we try to visit them as often as we can.  Mom is in poor health, so we cherish every moment together.  In December of 2006, my mom had another heart attack (her 7th!) and was hospitalized.  She had to have three stints replaced and while she was in the heart unit recovering, she had a major stroke, which affected the left side of her body.  She now shakes and has difficulty walking.  This is heartbreaking for me to witness, for I wish so much that she would be healthy.  So, along with her diabetes and blindness, congestive heart failure, and stroke, she fights everyday for "feel good" moments and her two grandchildren certainly offer that much!  I am so thankful for every visit we can share.  I love you, Mom!  

No comments: