Jan 30, 2009

Winter





For the first time, since I was in high school, school has been canceled for an entire week due to inclement weather. The last time I remember this was the blizzards of '93 and '94. But, what's better than (for a teacher and mother) having a week off from school? Having a off the entire week before your birthday! What a birthday treat for me. *Yea little 'ole me*

Sam and I went out this morning to the frisbee golf course. We took Uli for pulling action, since we were climbing a fairly steep hill that was covered in layers of ice and snow. By the time we reached our top destination the snow was spinning down upon us in a whirl. Visibility was seriously a minimum. I could barely get the tripod set up and snap a few shots, for my face was overcome with hundreds of icy snowflakes. We scooted back down the hill (sometimes literally) and found the car completely under a blanket of fluffy white. The roadway was nearly invisible as we drove home; we giggled the entire way. LIFE IS SOOO GOOD.

No comments: