Feb 11, 2009

Linguine with Clam Sauce


There have been plenty of times that I'm blabbing about what we made for dinner and someone asks for the recipe. I nearly always forget to pass it along. Thus, here is my first recipe blog. This was dinner at The White House tonight. Enjoy.
Oh, I often "doctor" recipes, so I've added my "secret ingredients" after the *.

LINGUINE WITH CLAM SAUCE
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 C. olive oil
1 T. flour
4 cups (four 6 1/2 or 7 1/2- ounce cans) chopped clams with liquid
1 1/2 C. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (* I use white pepper)
half package (8 oz.) linguine
*1 C. white wine
*1 tsp. lemon juice
*1 tsp. sugar
*1 C. chicken broth
* red pepper flakes to taste (We added the pepper flakes at the table, but you could certainly add it to the sauce if you like it spicy!)

Saute garlic in oil in medium saucepan until golden; blend in flour. Add clams with liquid. *Add wine. Simmer for about 3 minutes. Add parsley, salt, and pepper, *lemon juice, *sugar, and *broth. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Serve with clam sauce and red pepper flakes. About 4 servings.

No comments: