Jun 16, 2009

Apple Pie Time



Whenever there is a break in school either fall, winter, spring, or summer I always load up on the perishables and other items that the cafeteria manager is giving away. This year I took home potatoes, apples, pretzels, pepper jack cheese, and carrots. Needless to say, Sam has been snacking on the cheese and pretzels, while the carrots are awaiting their doom as the main cake ingredient (shhh, for Father's Day) and the apples have already been used in an apple/blueberry/strawberry cobbler, and this delicious apple pie. I have to admit that I've been working on my crust for a while now. And, finally, I think I have arrived! I always use my grandmother's crust recipe but this time I added a few special ingredients. Also, I combine my mother-in-law's cobbler filling with my grandmother's. Oh My! It really is a perfect marriage of ingredients. I'd share the recipe, but I'm a little secretive about it right now. Happy eats to you, where ever you are!

1 comment:

JPW said...

Hands down the BEST apple pie I have ever eaten.