Sep 1, 2011

September brings emergence





I checked on this glorious being first thing this morning. I noticed how clear and colorful the chrysalis/butterfly appeared. I then whipped up breakfast for the kiddos, got Sam off to school, and sat in the kitchen trying to awake the zombie inside me with a cup of joe. As Celia finished her breakfast she went in our living room to check on the butterfly. She was ecstatic, "Mommy!! Mommy!!! The butterfly came out!!! Look! Look!" I was shocked and soooo disappointed that I missed her emergence. We ran outside and adjusted the garden cam so it would take images every 20 seconds; I didn't want to miss her exit flight! And, for the next hour we stalked her, taking photos and watching the moisture drip from her wet wings. Then, she was gone. poof. I'm working on the video. I'll post it as soon as I can. Here's to a new day, and a day filled with flight.

No comments: