May 26, 2008

Through the Viewfinder

I finally have created my first true "through the viewfinder" photo and I am psyched (how's that for an 80's word?)! Here's the deal. I bought a Kodak Duaflex camera (on EBAY) and John Paul helped me construct a box contraption that connects the Duaflex and my Canon. I look through my Canon lens, focusing through the contraption, into the Kodak viewfinder; it certainly is a balancing act and is quite a lot of work for just one shot, but I LOVE it. I'm afraid that I won't sleep well tonight waiting for daylight, because as you can tell in this shot the tungsten lights make the image a bit too yellow. I see a whole new series of photos in my future!

For more TTV photos, check out my artwork blog.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Nice to see the result of such a cool idea. Can't wait to see more!