May 20, 2009

we make bread


It's our new weekend routine: making bread. We stay at home waiting for the risings, kneading, and baking, rather than run ourselves silly all over town. Some weekends it feels as if I don't even get the much desired time to relax, after all, I do work for the weekend!

I was craving honey wheat bread, so the husband and I hit the kitchen running. He's really the bread baker, but for this particular batch I had the honor of kneading and rolling. It's so therapeutic, that process is. I could knead away all of the world's worries! If only it were that easy...

So what's on the menu for this weekend's bread? Olive/Rosemary. That will be in between soccer and a five o'clock wedding. Actually one loaf will be part of our wedding gift. So here's to the nearing weekend, a little therapy, and of course some warm bread!

Happy Wednesday~

No comments: