Mar 4, 2009

Green Week: 3


Today was so pretty! It was nearly 50 degrees with sunny blue skies. And, an afternoon walk with the entire family couldn't have been more satisfying or perfect. Everyday I find that both of my children amaze me in totally different ways. Samuel is really so dedicated to improving his skateboarding, from which he gets so much pleasure. He makes such daily progress and now skating has become his number one love, outdoing soccer, which was a tough feat. His skateboard was an 11th birthday gift (January 7) but at the present it looks so used and worn. Which I suppose is a good thing. As he stood on the curb, patiently waiting like Frogger (do you remember Atari Frogger?), I couldn't help but notice the scraped and skidded green on the bottom of his board. And, I couldn't help but notice how my little boy has become so independent, which of course is bitter sweet. We raise our children in the best way we know how and their successes are our successes, but I wish I could just bottle that "little boy" for me to secretly visit years from now. Peace~

for Green Week

1 comment:

MACook said...

I wish too that you could bottle up the little boy also. Cause I would love to visit him from time to time as well... miss you guys, xx