Mar 2, 2009

Green Week:1


I have been thinking and pondering all day my simple commitment to Green Week. I also often dream about committing myself to one of those 365 photos deals that I am constantly sucked into on Flickr. However, in the most realistic of terms, I do accept the fact that I'm mostly exhausted, a little lazy, and really quite fond of my freedom. Who would have thought that a simple one week devotion to something I love so much would create so much anxiety? It's certainly not that I worry about finding images, it's that I am so eager to shoot that I hardly can focus on my daily routine. Being a middle school teacher is something that does require focus! Especially on days like today when everything seemed "red." But aside from the itch (as I like to call it) to wonder around finding little moments or notices, and aside from the thought that today was very obviously red in my world, I have come to enjoy the moment when I come home and just sit for a few moments. Sometimes, I think, it's okay to let it all swirl around me, while I escape in thoughts, if for only brief moments.

So, merry March to you all. And, happy Green Week. I'm up for the commitment and ready to "get my Green on!"

No comments: